- Philosophy of Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Consent to Publish Form (For Papers Accepted for Publication)
- Rights for Authors and Animo Repository
Philosophy of Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation
For more information, please see Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Asia-Pacific Journal of IP Management and Innovation, please contact the editors.
Manuscript Formatting GuidelinesPlease check the Guidelines for Authors - Style Guidelines for details. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) file, or a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
Consent to Publish Form (For Papers Accepted for Publication)Authors of papers accepted for publication in the APJIPMI will be asked to complete and sign the Consent to Publish Form before the Journal will proceed with publication.
Rights for Authors and Animo Repository
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Animo Repository all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Animo Repository, requires credit to Animo Repository as copyright holder (e.g., Animo Repository © 2023).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Animo Repository provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the Animo Repository website and/or software agree not to misuse the Animo Repository service or software in any way.
The failure of Animo Repository to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Animo Repository and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.