Title

An Integrated marketing communications campaign for Joe Kuan

Date of Publication

2015

Document Type

Master's Thesis

Degree Name

Master of Marketing Communications

College

Ramon V. Del Rosario College of Business

Department/Unit

Marketing and Advertising Department

Thesis Adviser

Regina Dy

Abstract/Summary

This study is intended to propose a brand awareness campaign for Joe Kuan, a seasoned quick-service Filipino-Chinese restaurant that offers high quality food selection at affordable prices.

This research is a conducted to better understand the current situation of the Philippine food industry. Moreover, to forecast the trends that are expected to happen in the industry in the years to come. Lastly, this research will also show how Joe Kuan will compete with the established chained-restaurants in the area of competition and establish brand equity.

It is mentioned by the researcher in this paper the social aspects of Filipino consumer towards the food industry. As we are in the generation of digital media, it is important to note that it paved the way in the changes in the landscape of the food industry. Social media has been a platform of communication for most of the brands leveraging on its reach and two-way communication with their consumers. Also, it is one of the reasons in the increase in food industry.

The food industry in the Philippines delivers good promise and lots of opportunities to explore for different establishments. It is forecasted that in 2018, total sales from Consumer Foodservice will grow by 7% from 2014. Total number of transactions will increase from 3,832,700 (2014) to 3,969,300 in 2018. In addition to this, the industry is expecting an increase of 4% in the number of outlets in the consumer food industry. Moreover, 11% increase in number of outlets in the fast food industry is also expected in 2018.

Therefore, an IMC campaign for Joe Kuan will be proposed by the researcher to address the increasing competition level and take advantage of the opportunities present in the market place. First, Joe Kuan needs to establish brand awareness in the community where it is located. The IMC campaign will communicate to the residents who are living nearby their store branches. Since Joe Kuan has limited marketing budget allotted for promotional and advertising campaigns, In-Store Marketing and Community Based Marketing campaigns will be launched in order to invite consumers to eat or buy food in Joe Kuan. Second, highlighting the product offerings of Joe Kuan to increase product test and engage with the consumers. With this, social media is needed to communicate to the target market at low cost and wider reach. Lastly, the IMC campaign will leverage on the creative tagline of Joe Kuan Sarap na hindi pagsasawaan and focusing on the history of the establishment while giving it a fresh look to adapt to the new competition environment.

At the end of the proposed 12-month IMC campaign, it is expected that Joe Kuan shall be considered as the place for affordable Filipino-Chinese quick-service restaurant that serves high quality food products with satisfying taste in the location where it operates. With this, Joe Kuan will answer the need of the market (1) convenience, (2) good food, and (3) value for money.

The final output of this marketing research paper is an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) plan that will be presented to the respective faculty members of the Marketing and Advertising Department of De La Salle University (DLSU-Manila) and to the respective company representative from Joe Kuan Food Corporation.

Abstract Format

html

Language

English

Format

Electronic

Accession Number

CDTG006297

Shelf Location

Archives, The Learning Commons, 12F Henry Sy Sr. Hall

Physical Description

computer optical disc.

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS